It’s every bride’s nightmare: rain on your wedding day! For summer brides it can often become a reality. Although it can rain any time of year, summer weddings are often held outside which means they can get the worst of it. But don’t fret, it is your wedding day after all and you should enjoy it. Here are some tips to make the best out of a rainy wedding day:
1. First you need a positive attitude. It’s not what you wanted but you did want to marry your fiancé and you still get to do that! If you think positively you can still really enjoy your wedding.
2. For tents used during the ceremony or the reception, make sure they’re rain safe. Leaks or holes in the tent can cause a lot of problems.
3. Some photographers say that rain can enhance your photos. It gives softer lighting and can add to the emotion of the day. Plus, you can have fun with your pictures by dancing in the rain or having a misty background.
4. If you’re walking down the aisle outdoors when it’s rained, consider switching to flats. Heels are not exactly known for their compatibility with mud. ;)
5. Rain usually causes the temperature to cool so your guests won’t be so hot outside, not to mention helping you cool down in your dress!
6. Have a place for guests to put umbrellas. Help eliminate that extra thing you have to carry around that drips water all over your venue. Have somewhere near the entrance to place or check in umbrellas and you and your guests will be very thankful.
It’s not the ideal weather for your wedding, but you can make the most of it. At least everyone will appreciate the DJ playing “It’s Raining Men” at the reception a little more.
-Sally Lang (RSVPhere intern)
Photo Credit: http://blog.purebylindsey.com/?tag=rainy-wedding-day